Tuesday, October 11, 2011

1 year, 1 week

I was looking at your 1 week pictures (blog post) and remembering how awesome that first week of life was with you. The thing I miss the most, is cuddling you on my chest so you would sleep. My favorite, funny moment was falling asleep with my mouth on your head and drooling all over you. The thing I don't miss is the lack of sleep from waking up every four hours to feed you (oh and the nursing, while it was nice to know you were getting everything that you needed completely that way, it was really not as enjoyable as I thought it would be).

The thing I love the most about you know is your handsome smile, not the "not showing my teeth" (which is funny because your Grandpa Milligan does that smile and I used to when I was in middle school) but your "I'm so happy I can't keep my mouth closed" smile. My favorite, funny moment I love now is watching you play and run around ... and some of the faces you make and things you do, it just makes me wonder "what is going through your head!" The thing I won't miss is the face hitting. For whatever reason, you enjoy "clapping" my face with open palms and even with toys in your hands. You've knocked my glasses off my face a few times and have hit me pretty good. Yep, won't miss that one bit :)

This last year with you has been such a joy and I can't wait for many more. I'm excited for us to go to Costa Rica and excited to see you learn and grow in the Lord from this experience like we are.

I love you ECT ... You make my world shine brighter!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. Makes me sad. Our babies are getting big. :(

    ReplyDelete