Tuesday, January 4, 2011

3 Months

You are 3 months old today. I can't believe how much life has changed in those three months.

We went from a two person family doing as we pleased, to a three person family with our lives - especially mine - revolving around you.

That first month I'd spend every waking moment with you - and pretty much every sleeping moment as well. It got to the point where I had to say no and make your dad keep you for awhile so he could get used to doing things for you as well and I could catch some real sleep every now and then.

By the second month we had a routine down. You were able to sleep in your crib, you were on an eating schedule - 4 times a day and maybe once during the night. We took you out places and could feel a little more free with you. You began talking to us. You smiled whenever we talked to you. You found your hands and they found your tongue. You learned to laugh.

I can't begin to explain the joy you've brought our household. Your father and I find ourselves laughing in the middle of an argument because you decided to speak up. We find joy in the little things you do.

People already brag about you. I try to keep my head small from it all, but it's hard to not feel so much pride about how you're such a great baby. It makes having another child scary because what if they aren't as easy as you? We've truly been blessed by you Ethan Taylor. I pray that you can continue to bless those around you as you grow older.

No comments:

Post a Comment