Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A year ....

Well son, a year has passed and I have failed to keep up with my blog for you. My apologies - I'm not sure what happened ... I guess let's just call it the whirlwind of life.

We had a good year, we got to go to Disney World for your second birthday - what an awesome treat for us as your parents to be able to do that for you. We moved back onto our own, allowing you your own room. You have grown so much, in life and in spirit. My heart is filled with so much joy when I see you trying to learn you Bible verses at night. Even more pride when I see you reading the words. I love that you insist on being the one to say the prayer at dinner and before bed - even if you do try and rush through them every time! Heh :)

It's also a blessing to see you make and play with friends now that we have been connected to a church family and bible study group. You love to talk about your friends and while you could use a few more lessons on sharing - which you'll really get once the new baby is here :D - you are a pretty awesome playmate. And I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. You probably don't realize it - and you probably won't even as you get older, but I observe you and your interactions every chance I get.

I love watching you learn and grow, talking about new things, showing me the little things in life that you find so interesting that half the time I wouldn't have noticed. Speaking of, you are all about the roly poly's - Nana's house always has a ton out and you just love to look at them and try and get them to roll up. I used to love roly poly's when I was little. It's cool to see you connect with my childhood like that.

I'm excited that Grandma Donna and Papa Joe got to keep the lake lot and that we're building down there so I can begin to share that with you as well. I can't wait to see you explore and enjoy nature and enjoy being able to escape to that place.

I can't wait to see you interact with you new sibling ... you get so excited talking about it and I love seeing the way you interact with other babies. It will be a joy to see you as big brother. I know you will be awesome at it, protective, loving, caring and will definitely be the one to teach and show.

I love you so much ECT, don't you ever forget it.
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment